No need to core the apples since boiling in juice for several minutes softens the core and removes the seeds.
Servings: 40 chips
- 2 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 Red Delicious apples
- In large skillet or pot, combine apple juice and cinnamon stick; bring to a low boil while preparing apples.
- With sharp knife, slice off 1/2-inch from top and bottom of apples and discard (or eat!). Stand apples on either cut end and saw gently crosswise into very thin (1/8-inch) rings, rotating the apple as necessary to get even slices.
- Drop apple slices into boiling juice; cook 4 to 5 minutes or until slices appear translucent and lightly golden. Meanwhile, heat oven to 250 degrees F.
- With slotted spatula, remove apple slices from juice and pat dry. Arrange slices on cake-cooling racks, being sure none overlap. Place racks on middle shelf in oven; bake 30 to 40 minutes until apple slices are lightly browned and almost dry to touch. Let chips cool on racks completely before storing in airtight container.