- 4-5 Golden Delicious or Cripps Pink apples
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk
- 2/3 cup uncooked quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons sesame seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup melted (dairy) sour cream or yogurt
- Preheat over to 375 degrees F. Pare, core and slice apples to measure 4 cups; reserve 8 or 9 slices. Toss remaining apples with sugar and dry milk; turn into 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Arrange reserved slices on top. Cover with foil; bake 15 minutes.
- Combine remaining ingredients except sour cream or yogurt; mix well.
- Uncover apples and sprinkle with oat mixture. Bake, uncovered, 18-20 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
- Serve warm topped with sour cream or yogurt.