This is a recipe from Mexico.
- 1 large apple, favorite variety, quartered and cored then cut into thin slices
- 1/2 cup bleu cheese crumbles
- 1/3 cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons apple cider (or you can use apple brandy, apple liqueur, or sweet wine)
- 16 walnut halves
- dried cranberries or blueberries
- 4 slices of thin rye or barley bread
- mint leaves for garnish (optional)
- In a bowl, mix the cheeses and liquid until smooth. Add more liquid to get desired consistency if needed. Refrigerate.
- In a small pan, toast the nuts for 1 minute.
- Lightly toast the bread and cut into bite size pieces.
- Spread some cheese mixture on top of each piece of bread. Top with walnuts, berries and apple. Serve immediately.